- How much is BayGenie eBay Auction Sniper? Are there any other charges?
It's absolutely free for the Free edition. The initial registration fee for Pro edition is US $19.95. Once registered, the user can use the software for one year with free upgrades and support. After that, the user needs to pay the US $9.95 renewal fee each year in order to continue using the software and getting upgrades and support.
- Do you have a refund policy?
Yes, we offer a 60 day money back guarantee. After you paid for the software, if for any reason you are not happy within 60 days we'll fully refund your money. Any refund after 60 days from the date of registration payment is solely at the discretion of baygenie.com.
- Which eBay sites does BayGenie eBay Auction Sniper support?
BayGenie supports 16 eBay global sites: United States, Australia, Austria, Belgium (French & Dutch), Canada, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
- Is BayGenie compatible with Windows Vista 64 and Mac?
No. BayGenie is only compatible with 32 bit Windows.
- Does BayGenie eBay Auction Sniper work with a time zone that uses a different time as eBay official time?
Yes. BayGenie works with all time zones. It uses its own built-in clock that is always synchronized with eBay official time. You can snipe auctions on eBay US site even if you live in Europe, or vice versa.
- Why does the registration key I received not work?
Please carefully check if you have entered the registration information correctly. The email field is case sensitive, so please make sure the letters are in the correct higher or lower case. Also please remove any empty spaces before or after either the email or the registration key, if any.
- What does "maximum bid" mean? If I put $20 maximum bid, does that mean I will have to pay $20 if I win?
The "maximum bid" works in the EXACT SAME WAY how eBay bidding works. eBay provides an instruction on how it works: http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/proxy-bidding.html.
Here's a short example. If you put $20 as your MAXIMUM bid, then
- If the next high bidder's max bid is $9, you will win the auction with $10.
- If the next high bidder's max bid is $19, you will win the auction with $20.
- If the next high bidder's max bid is $21, you will lose the auction
- I set BayGenie to snipe 5 seconds before auction ends, and I have a fast internet connection. Why didn't BayGenie eBay Auction Sniper place bid for me?
Usually this problem is because of "Buyer Requirements" set by the seller. When a bidder doesn't meet any of the requirements, he/she is prohibited from bidding on the item.
The list of "Buyer Requirements" is as below:
* Buyers in countries to which I don't ship
* Buyers with a negative feedback score
* Buyers with Unpaid Item strikes
* Buyers who may bid on my items and not pay for them
* Buyers without a PayPal account
BayGenie can not detect if a user is prohibited, since eBay doesn't show this prohibition until the very last step of placing a bid. BayGenie will show an error link in the "My Bid" column if it fails to bid. You can click on the link to see the failure reason.
Our suggestion is to do a "test bid at early stage of an auction" (when the bid is way below the average selling price) using BayGenie's "Place Bid Now" function to place a very low bid, and see if bid will work on that item. If the bid goes through, by clicking the refresh button for the integraded browser (the refresh button on the bar in the middle of the window), you should see that you are the current high bidder or have been outbid. At that point, you can schedule a real bid at the end of the auction.
- BayGenie eBay Auction Sniper shows auction has ended when it isn’t, and if I schedule a bid it bids right way. What's the problem?
Some of the users who installed BayGenie before version 18.104.22.168 and later got auto-updated might see this problem. This is caused by a Microsoft bug that affected BayGenie's self-upgrade. A clean re-installation would solve the problem. What you need to do is,
- Backup your item number(s), if needed.
- Go to BayGenie installation folder, usually it's at C:\Program Files\BayGenie, and delete everything.
- Download the latest installation package from http://www.baygenie.com/download.html and install it.
- Do you store user's information on your server and do proxy bidding? Does my computer have to be on in order for the sniper to work?
For security and privacy reasons, we don't store any user's information on our server and we don't do any proxy bid. Your eBay login is stored at your local computer only. And yes, your computer has to be left on in order for it to work.
- What is Bidding Group? How does it work?
Suppose you are trying to get a iPod on eBay. There are a lot of auctions for iPod, but you only want to get one iPod. You could setup several snipes on different iPod auctions but as soon as you have won one of the auctions you would cancel the rest pending snipes.
Bidding Group provides a way to make conditional bids on a group of auctions. You can schedule a snipe for each item within a group, and BayGenie will bid on the item that ends first. If it wins it will stop there and cancel all the rest bids in the group. But if it doesn't win, it will bid on the second item, following the same logic - if it wins, cancel the rest bids; if it loses, continue on the next one. BayGenie will keep trying all auctions in the group until you win one auction or until all the snipes in the group have been exhausted - whichever happens first.
Click here to see the screenshots on how to use Bidding Group.
- I have entered the correct registration key and BayGenie says "Thanks for registering", however, the next time I started BayGenie it asked me for my registration key again. What is going on?
Sometimes Windows Vista users would encounter this problem. To solve it, you just need to right-click on BayGenie icon and choose "Run As Administrator...". You just need to do this once.
- I know I have typed in correct user ID and password, but it always says "Your User ID or password is incorrect" error when I try to login. How can I login?
Please try to use Internet Explorer to sign in and out of eBay several times, and then start BayGenie again. BayGenie doesn't work with eBay security token, so you need to make sure that you can login and out of eBay without having to use eBay security token.
- There is some problem with an auction, how can I report the problem?
To help us troubleshooting, we have added a bug logging function. Please go to "Edit" -> "Setting" -> "Advanced", and enable debug logging. When you see a problematic item, go to C:\Program Files\BayGenie\ProEdition\Log, and send us the file with that item number, such as "190254176484_item.log". If you encounter a problematic bidding, you will see another file such as "190254176484_bid.log". You can send both files to us for troubleshooting.
- Why can't I receive SMS notifications from BayGenie?
The common problems that could block BayGenie from sending SMS are:
- You don't have Skype installed. To install Skype, please go to Skype's Download page.
- Please make sure your mobile phone country code and number were entered correctly. To change it, go to Edit->Settings->Notifications.
- You are not logged into Skype.
- Your Skype balance is insufficient for sening SMS. To view Skype's SMS rates, please look at here.
- Delay on the Skype's server. Sometimes there is a delay on Skype's server for sending SMS, but eventually the message would be sent. BayGenie has no control on that end
- I got a warning message dialog from Skype when BayGenie is trying to send a SMS notification to me. Is that right?
BayGenie sends SMS through Skype service. For security reasons, Skype would
ask for user's permissions when a program is trying to access it. You need to choose the option "Allow this program to use Skype" when prompted, shown as below.
- I accidentally chose "Do not allow this program to use Skype" when I was prompted with the Skype warning dialog. How can I re-allow BayGenie to use Skype?
You can change the permission by managing program's acess inside Skype. To do so, in your Skype, choose Tools->Options->Advanced->Updates, and click on the "Manage other program's access to Skype" on the bottom right of the dialog.